Thursday, November 18, 2004

I'm Behind on My Reading
In all honesty, the election was an easy excuse for my lack of content. In reality, I'm seriously behind in my reading, so I'm behind on my 'blogging. Steve McConnell, author of Code Complete, gave a speech as SD magazine's conference this past summer. Software Development Online: While Rome Burns? The comment I note most, "Many of the offshoring initiatives I’ve seen have been very naïve, the hens will definitely come home to roost here.”

I was also not aware that Steve has written an updated version to Code Complete (a must have for your bookshelf IMO) titled Code More Complete, Code Completer and Code Complete—This Time I Really Mean It link to Amazon. I would be anxious to hear from any of my loyal readers that may have already picked it up.

And while I was out reading SD Magazine online, are there offshore/outsource projects that are not naive? Here's an article about how to approach this if you are thinking beyond next quarters financials.